Wethersfield Historical Society Properties to Open on July 4th
Wethersfield Historical Society Properties to Open on July 4th!
The Hurlbut Dunham House and Cove Warehouse will be open on Saturday July 4th from 2 to 5 pm for tours! Admission is always FREE! Please bear with us and keep in mind that we are operating on a limited basis this year because of COVID-19.
We will have limited hours of operation at our sites this season. Groups will be limited to 4 people on each tour, or 1 family. The properties are shown by guided tour only. There may be a wait period before you are allowed to enter—so be prepared to enjoy the fresh air and the beauty that is Old Wethersfield! If the line is long, tours may be limited to 30 to 45 minutes.
We are following the State’s guidelines for reopening, therefore there will be new protocols if you plan to pay us a visit. The safety of our staff, volunteers and other visitors is our priority.
- Hand-sanitizer units will be stationed throughout the Museum, especially at entry and exit points and common areas.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED for visitors age 6 years and above, and should cover the nose and the mouth. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if this is not followed. Contact us in advance of your visit if accommodations are needed. Complimentary disposable masks will be provided for those who need one.
- Traffic flow patterns have been established and we ask that you be mindful and follow these during your visit. Please refrain from touching surfaces while within the museum.
Please be sure to socially distance yourself from those not in your party—stay at least 6 feet apart.
- We ask that Visitors sign in at the start of your visit for contact tracking purposes—your information will not be used for anything other than tracking. In the event that WHS is notified that a visitor to the museum has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we will alert those who visited that day.
- Please do not visit us if you are sick!
- For up to date information on openings and closings, please check our website wethersfieldhistory.org and social media platforms.
- By visiting the Hurlbut-Dunham House and the Cove Warehouse, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.