The Streets of Hartford

August 15, 10:00am. The Streets of Hartford

Admission: $5.00; Cedar Hill & Hartford Preservation Alliance Members Free

Ever wondered how Hartford streets got their names? Mary Falvey, Director of Hartford Preservation Alliance, leads this tour highlighting Cedar Hill Cemetery residents whose names grace the capitol city streets. From Brainard Road to Jewell Street and Fairfield Avenue, learn about the people who have been immortalized on the streets of Hartford. The walking tour begins at the flagpole at the end of the entrance drive.

About Cedar Hill Cemetery & Foundation
Established in 1864, Cedar Hill is an American rural cemetery encompassing 270 acres of landscaped woodlands, waterways, and memorial grounds. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Cedar Hill serves as a sanctuary for memorial artworks, Hartford history, welcomed wildlife, and many visitors who come to remember loved ones and tour the grounds.

Cedar Hill Cemetery is open 365 days a year from sunrise to sunset. Visitors interested in taking a self-guided tour of the grounds can pick up a map at the information box inside the entrance or in the Cemetery office. Cemetery tours and events are offered from May to October. For more information, visit www.cedarhillfoundation.org.